Sunday, August 21, 2011

The first week

I've been here a week now and so much stuff has happened that there is no way I can possibly tell you about all of it. There are a few things that I want to get into though.

1. Alone Time.
I need it. That's why I'm up at 1am writing this. There is so much going on all the time. Orientation meetings, picnics, parties. And you know how excited I get. I'm afraid I'll miss out something, so I do everything. And it's fun, don't get me wrong, but I'm now at a point where I don't need to get to know more people. I've met so many in last few days and I can hardly remember any of their names. (Which I do feel bad about, believe me.) I need to digest what I've been fed. So I'm glad to have tomorrow off, while others have classes. Which brings me to my next point:

2. Classes
I pretty much got all the classes I wanted. Even Acting III. Very exciting. I'm also taking Play reading, Advanced topics in fiction writing, Costume construction and Literature for young adults. All these classes meet on Tuesday and Thursday only, which means I have no classes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. That should give me plenty of time to do my homework during the week and do whatever I want on the weekends. Which brings me to my next point:

3. Parties
I'm not sure if I can even write about the parties I went to without getting people in trouble... Not that I've done anything that I wasn't supposed to do, but I think others have. I feels like everybody has these crazy expectations when it comes to college parties, but the truth is they're just regular parties. Maybe things will get crazier further into the year. We'll see. The only thing I expected really where the red cups and bear pong and I've encountered both of those things, so I'm good. Expectation is the root of all heart ache.


That's it for now I guess. As soon as my classes start I'll write about the theatre. Look forward to that, Wesleyan's theatre is amazing. And as soon as get my hands on a cable to attach my camera to the computer, I'll get some pictures up too. Yay.

1 comment:

  1. Was für ein Stundenplan! Zeit für mehr Blogs! Mehr Fotos! Mehr classes (paar Vorschläge: Finance, Banking and Investments, Frauen-Soccer, Modern Political Thought, Red Cup Studies...) Neidisch und neugierig...

    ReplyDelete