Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I made it.

I arrived at Nebraska Wesleyan on Monday night. Since then I've been incredibly busy.

I met the other international students, went to orientation meetings, bought a cell phone and ate. It seems like every activity the university has planned for us involves eating. Before I left I was so nervous I couldn't eat, nothing but "Buchstabensuppe" which I miss already. Luckily that has changed. So far I'm really impressed by the cafeteria. They have fresh salad and brownies for every meal, so I'm all set.

I live in a single room on campus in a dorm, Centennial Hall, which I'm told is the place to be. The rooms are tiny and kind of plain, but I already put up the picture I brought with me and decorated a little bit. I'm sure it won't take long for my room to become my room. I'm glad to have a single. First I was afraid that I'd be lonely, but let's face it, I have no trouble meeting people and there's so much going on that I'm glad to have a place to hide if that's what I need.

Tomorrow morning I'll register for all my classes. I'm really excited for that, because even though I filled out a registration form in advance, I'm not sure if I actually got a place in the classes I want. So we'll see about that.

The weather is amazing. I'm absolutely in love with it. It's hot, but not too hot and a little humid. The only thing that really annoys me is the air conditioning. It's everywhere. I have to put on a sweater every time I enter a building and it's irritating my eyes. I look like I've been smoking pot. My eyes are so red. I hope it'll get better soon...

Writing all this down makes it sound really boring, but it isn't. Actually I'm so excited all the time I can barely sit still and sleeping isn't even an option. Last night I stayed up really late talking to the people from my dorm and at 1am we got hungry so I went to McDonald's in a truck full of football players... that was... let's say interesting.
It is so good to meet so many new people, the other international students are amazing and is my I-pal. I'm a little proud actually, because I've been told that I don't have much of an accent. Makes me so happy! :D

And now I'll go to my first frat party. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment